The National Development Agency (NDA) is an agency of government tasked with the mandate to contribute towards the eradication of poverty and its causes in South Africa.
Our primary mandate is to contribute towards the eradication of poverty and its causes by granting funds to civil society organisations (CSOs) to:
- Implement development projects in poor communities
- Strengthen the institutional capacity of CSOs that provide services to poor communities.
The secondary mandate is to:
- Promote consultation, dialogue and sharing of development experience between CSOs and relevant organs of state.
- Promote debate on national development policy.
- Undertake research and publication aimed at providing the basis for development policy.